2019 Shoe Box Appeal
September 22, 2019 to October 26, 2019
Location: Simpson Primary School 404 Leyland Road, Bathgate, Scotland EH48 2SGCategory: Christmas | Coordinator: Ryan McGuinness
Last year as a church we were able to contribute 26 boxes. Could you help us do more this year?
I want to help, what do I do?
- You need a standard size shoebox, preferably with a removable lid (They're easier to wrap!). If you don't have any, try asking in a shoe shop. They are usually more than happy to give away any empty shoeboxes.
- Wrap the box in good quality wrapping paper. We've found in the past that the cheep stuff tears easily so by the time it arrives at its destination it's not looking too pretty.
- Read the list of approved things carefully to know what to include and not include. A list can be picked up from church or here.
- Remember to include only new things still in their packaging. DON'T break up multipacks to split between boxes - we'll have no idea if an item is new or not and therefore will not be inlcuded in your box.
- Attach the check list with your marked items to the box with sticky tape and close the box with a elastic bands.
- Return to church by Sunday 27th October. Boxes will not be accepted after this date.
It's amazing how much you can actually fit in a shoebox, so take it along to the shop with you so you know what will fit and if you've any space for anything else.
Boxes will be delivered to Blythswood who check everything and then drive the boxes to Albania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Kosovo, Moldova, Serbia and Ukraine.