Whether you are young or old, single or part of a family, Centrepoint is a church for people from all kinds of backgrounds. Our weekly worship gathering is casual, reflective, and pretty relaxed. To help you get a feel for what it's like to worship with us, we've tried to answer some frequently asked questions below:
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT? – When you arrive, there is a car park at Simpson Primary School. Enter the main foyer from the car park, and turn right to enter the gym hall where we gather. A typical Sunday includes these elements:
- Call To Worship: We usually begin with a welcome and a brief scripture reading and opening prayer as we prepare our hearts and minds to worship God.
- Worship: Our music includes both contemporary and traditional styles. Our singing is sometimes upbeat and joyful; sometimes it's a bit more reflective. Also, as part of our worship, we often take communion together and give offerings to support God’s work at Centrepoint.
- Kids: After we sing some songs and hear about what's on in the coming weeks, we release kids P1 to P7 to Kid's Church and offer crèche for young chidlren ages 6 months to 4 years. You can learn more about CentrePoint Kids here.
- Meet and Greet: While parents get children settled into Centrepoint Kids, everyone else takes a few moments to say hello to the people near you. This is a great way to meet people you've not met before.
- Sermon: We believe the Bible, and we believe that God speaks to us through it. The sermon is a straightforward presentation of what the Bible says, what it means, and how it applies to our lives. We are currently walking through the Bible in a series called The Gospel Project.
- Tea, Coffee, and Biscuits: At the conclusion of our worship gathering we provide tea, coffee, and biscuits (and sometimes home-baked sweeties!) as we spend some relaxed time in conversation.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? We want you to enjoy your experience with us; we're not real concerned with how people dress. So, please feel free to wear whatever you would normally wear. Most people will be dressed casually and comfortably.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A BIBLE? We provide ‘borrowed bibles’ (and the page number) for everyone who does not bring one to church. Feel free to take a bible home with you if you’d like.
HOW DO I GET THERE? You can find directions here. We meet in the gym hall at Simpson Primary School on Leyland Road in Wester Inch, Bathgate.
WHERE SHOULD I PARK? There is a convenient car park at the school - there is sign on Leyland indicating the car park we use on Sunday mornings.
IS THE VENUE ACCESSIBLE? The gym hall is accessible by wheelchair from the main entrance to the school. Everything is all on one level - there are no stairs.
WHAT’S AVAILABLE FOR MY KIDS? Centrepoint Kids is an experience your kids will love. With our trained volunteers and exciting kids’ environment, we’re sure your kids will feel the love of God for them, and have a great time.
Still have questions? Contact us for more information.